Friday, January 18, 2013

Impassioned



Afternoon
While I listen to the loudness of a neighbor sawing down a tree--thank goodness--I get very reflective as to the combination of the lines and colors in this particular painting.  This is a 16 x 20 white matted with a 2 and 1/2 edge.  I had taken several brands of watercolor paint and actually an acrylic color to lay at the beginning of the painting. I have began to use acrylic paints as my beginning color.  To let that acrylic dry and begin my watercolor useage.  The acrylic seems to hold out well and the watercolor paints do not mix as easy and turn into unforgiving lightfastness.   I love dark watercolors that give my paintings the "colorist" mode that I am known for.  Thanks for looking and reading and give me your comments.....See you soon
Posted by Picasa

No comments: